Sandhya Hegde is a General Partner at Khosla Impact, an early stage venture capital fund for emerging markets. At KIF she supports and invests in ambitious entrepreneurs who aim to build large, high impact businesses that reach the frontier markets and address its tough problems.
Her board responsibilities include:
* Bboxx - distributed solar energy as a service for off grid Africa with over 45,000 customers
* Logistimo - mobile supply chain platform for rural last mile distribution and monitoring
* SunFunder - structured finance + data platform for emerging market solar projects and companies
* Hippocampus - a new age, tech-enabled pre school chain teaching over 5000 kids in India
* Also represent KIF in Bridge International, Simpa Networks and Embrace Innovations
Sandhya was a part of the founding team at K12 Technoservices, an affordable school network seeded by Sequoia Capital in 2010.
She got MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business, and
BS and MS from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
Fund's investment verticals: enterprise, advertising, financial services, semiconductors, health, big data, agriculture/food, sustainable energy and robotics industries, with a particular focus on the internet and clean technology.